September 17, 2011

Your Absence...


Trying to imagine what my grand-mother must be feeling. I really wish I was there. Sigh! Time shall heal her, but till then what is she to do? What do I tell her? To be strong... this too shall pass... remind her about life's cycle... tell her to get involved with other things to distract her... From what I see, it doesn't help her. She's been hearing that from everyone else already. What do I tell her when she just can't help but remember her husband in everything we converse about? Don't we know since an early enough age that we will perish? Why then is it so hard for us to 'deal' with it, when the time does come?

It hurts whichever way you look at it. Love is all I have for you mamma. I hope you can sense it despite the distance and empty words.


Your absence 
so sudden, so abrupt, so unjust...

Your absence stings
worse than a bee

Your absence creates
a hole in my soul

Void, is all I see...
Silence, is all I hear...
Memories, is all I touch...
Bitterness, is all I taste...
Your absence, is all I smell...

2 comments:

  1. time is passing by but the absence is engraving deeper in heart...

    ReplyDelete